Phelps County Sheriff's Department is currently accepting applications for full-time jailer positions. Please read the information below.
DATE: April 1, 2021
ANNOUNCE DATE: Immediate
Phelps County Sheriff’s Department
$32,000 – Starting Annually
Health and dental insurance plan; life insurance; thirteen (13) paid holidays; two (2) weeks’ vacation and twelve (12) sick days a year; LAGERS and CERF retirement systems.
DESCRIPTION AND BASIC DUTIES:
Jail staff currently works 12 hours shifts on a non-rotating basis. The shift hours are from 7:00am to 7:00pm and from 7:00pm to 7:00am. Although the shifts are considered non-rotating there may be times when coverage is needed on another shift. Basic duties include, but are not limited to; intake and release of inmates; data entry; medication pass; transportation; and the overall secure and orderly running of the day to day operations within the jail.
High School diploma or equivalent (GED). Computer skills and the ability to navigate different software is a must.
Extended periods of sitting and standing as well as defusing altercations.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be permitted to work in the United States
• Ability to work various shifts, weekends and Holidays.
• Must successfully complete the following; board interview; detailed, thorough background investigation, and polygraph examination.
• Must have a valid Missouri driver’s license and a clean driving history